Whether you have yet to set tires on a track or want to better your performance driving skills, our ASN-approved curriculum is designed to give you the tools to master every corner. During these sessions, the only competition you have is you. Area 27 is setting a new standard for private track education, we provide motorsport enthusiasts with performance driving skills on a world-class circuit – even better? These courses are available to the public. Head coach Kees Nierop and our team of professionals will teach you how to safely explore the limits of your vehicle.
Drivers learn the essential skills to master any track, theory combined with practice of fundamentals, on the most technically demanding circuit.
REGISTER TODAY AND DISCOVER YOUR LIFE ON TRACK TODAY.
Up to 16 students
Academy instructors provide FIA certified curriculum
2-hour in class theory session with comprehensive course handbook
Challenging corner set-up, entry, and exit phases
Track safety and flag definitions
Controlled short-course lapping lead follow and open lapping
Controlled full circuit lapping with one-on-one instructor’s critique and feedback
Graduation certificate of completion
* Drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age (some exceptions apply)
** This schedule is a rough guideline for the program and may not be exactly as stated
*** Includes 2-days on track, daily lunch, & dinner after Day 1
| August 30 – September 1 |
Area 27’s driving academy, Academy 27, is setting a new standard in high-performance driver education. With several program offerings including the newest collaboration creating our signature Camaro Driving Academy. The 2.5-Day’s curriculum is designed to give you the right tools to master every corner. Motorsports enthusiasts of all experience levels have an opportunity to drive on Canada’s most exclusive circuit.
Drivers first spend time in the classroom with Kees Nierop, Chief Instructor, and his accomplished driving instructors as they take you through a theory session covering track terminology and safety, braking technique, and proper driving.
Drivers then spend two days on the circuit applying several performance techniques including weight transfer, corner set-up, entry and exit phases. Drivers will also get an opportunity to take advantage of the full circuit and get one-on-one feedback from each instructor.
COURSE RATE | $2,795.00 +GST
Meet Lead Instructor, Ken Hill
Since the inaugural program in. 2019, Ken has been apart of bringing this motorcycle academy to Area 27’s circuit. Ken has extensive coaching experience including being lead instructor at the Freddie Spencer Riding School, Yamaha Champions Riding School, and is currently based with Rickdiculous Racing. His racing accomplishments include track records, class championships, and top 10 in AMA Superbike competition at age 41. In addition to racing & teaching, Ken has been a test rider for RoadRacing World and Cycle World magazines. For more information on Ken visit his website http://khcoaching.com.
This program will take riders of all experience levels through a combination of on and off track exercises focusing on corner entry & exit, position and timing complete with one-on-one video feedback from instructors to work on individual performance.
COURSE RATE | $1,995.00 +GST
2-dAy motorcycle Academy
| May 13 – 14 |
1-Day Advanced Lapping
| April 26, 2020 |
This 1-day course is designed for drivers who have previous experience with an accredited performance driving school and who would like to improve their skills using their own vehicle.
Lunch and other refreshments will be provided for participants.
Participants are required to successfully complete Camaro Driving Academy or Academy 27’s 2.5-Day Academy prior to being eligible for the 1-Day Advanced Lapping Course.
Maximum 20 students per course.
COURSE RATE | $1,295.00 +GST
Academy 27 offers individual coaching opportunities for Area 27 members, whether you are looking to get more familiar with the circuit or shave seconds off your lap time. Private Coaching gives members the opportunity to work one-on-one with the instructor of their choosing to improve their skills over a full day or half day session.
Private Coaching is subject to the availability of the instructor and may only be scheduled during Members’ Lapping.
Member’s Private Coaching
| Subject to Instructor Availability |
MEET THE ACADEMY EXPERTS
- Winner of the legendary Sebring 12 Hours of Endurance race
- Porsche factory driver at the 1987 LeMans 24hr and Daytona
- Canadian GT-1 Champion
- Rothmans Porsche 944 Champion
- The only Canadian to have his name on a Porsche factory race car displayed in the new Porsche Museum in Germany.
- 5 time winner of the IndyCar Series, 24 podium finishes
- Winner of the 1996 Player's Toyota Atlantic Championship
- Most consecutive wins (8), most wins in a season (9), also most consecutive wins from pole (8), most laps led in a season and most accumulated points in a season (239pts)
- NASCAR, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, driving the No. 32 Ford Fusion for Go FAS Racing.
- Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY
- International GT3 Racing
- Porsche Cup Canada
- Hankook/ATLAS BX Test Driver
- 2017 Race of Champions race winner
- 2017 IMSA LMP3 podium finisher
- Formula car and prototype experience: Road to Indy, LMP3
- 10+ years racing experience
- 2019: IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship Podium Finisher
- 2018: Pirelli World Challenge Champion
- Two time Porsche GT3 Cup Canada Champion
- USF2000 Champion
- Pro Mazda Championship 2nd Place
- Indy Lights Podium Finisher
- Extensive relationship with Porsche Motorsport
- Driver for OpenRoad AutoGroup & OpenRoad Racing
- Podium finisher IMSA Weathertech Prototype Championship
- Race winner of Continental Sports Car Championship
- Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge 2014 Rookie of the Year
- Top 5 Finisher of the Daytona 24 Hour Race
- 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Endurance Championship in LMP2
- Finished 2nd 2019 Daytona 24 Hours in LMP2
- Finished 3rd in 2019 IMSA Lamborghini Super Trofeo
- 2018 IMSA Masters Champion in LMP3
- Finished 2nd and 3rd in 2016 and 2017 in IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge
- Currently competing in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech Series in an LMP2 and the IMSA Prototype Challenge in a Ligier LMP3
- Currently competing in the 2018 IMSA Prototype Challenge in a Ligier LMP3
- Broke track record for the series at Laguna Seca in first career road race
- 1 win and 2 podiums in 5 starts of Skip Barber Challenge
- 3 wins, 5 podiums, 2 track records in a limited conference season in a Porsche 911
The Stay and Drive package is offered exclusively to Academy 27 participants.
Area 27 Motorsports Park
127 Area 27 Drive, Oliver BC V0H 1T0
113-437 Martin St, Suite 312, Penticton, BC, V2A 5L1
2017 © South Okanagan Motorsports Corp. All Rights Reserved