The Camaro Driving Academy is setting a new standard in high-performance driver education, previously known as the Academy 27’s 2.5-Day Academy. Camaro Driving Academy’s curriculum is designed to give you the right tools to master every corner. Motorsports enthusiasts of all experience levels have an opportunity to drive on Canada’s most exclusive circuit.
Drivers will first spend time in the classroom with Kees Nierop, Chief Instructor, and his accomplished driving instructors as they take you through a theory session covering track terminology and safety, braking technique, and proper driving.
Day 1 on track, drivers will be ready to take in the circuit applying several performance techniques including weight transfer, corner set-up, entry and exit phases, all while building up to short course open lapping. On Day 2, drivers will take advantage of the full circuit starting with a morning track walk, followed by instructor led lapping with one-on-one feedback from each instructor. Drivers will then have the ability to experience full circuit open lapping with comprehensive group and individual performance evaluations.
Drivers learn the essential skills to master any track, theory combined with practice of fundamentals, on the most technically demanding circuit. Upon successful completion of the 2.5-Day Camaro Driving Academy, drivers will be recognized with a certificate of graduation.
V6 RS 1LE: $3,795.00 +GST | V8 SS 1LE: $4,195.00 +GST | ZL1 1LE: $4,495.00 + GST
Up to 16 students with Area 27 and GM Canada provided Camaro 1LE track cars
Academy instructors provide FIA certified curriculum
2-hour in class theory session with comprehensive course handbook
Review of Camaro 1LE performance features
Challenging corner set-up, entry, and exit phases
Track safety and flag definitions
Controlled short-course lapping lead follow and open lapping
Controlled full circuit lapping with one-on-one instructor’s critique and feedback
Graduation certificate of completion
* Drivers must be confident driving a manual transmission vehicle
** Drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age (some exceptions apply)
*** A $2,000 CAD damage deposit is required on each Camaro rental
**** This schedule is a rough guideline for the program and may not be exactly as stated
***** Includes 2-days on track, vehicle, fuel, daily lunch & dinner after Day 1
April 1 – 3 | April 3 – 5 | April 29 – May 1 *SOLD OUT*
May 29 – 31 | June 26 – 28 | July 1 – 3 | July 3 – 5
August 12 – 14 | August 14 – 16 | August 28 – 30
September 21 – 23 | October 16 – 18 | October 18 – 20
1-Day PDR Advanced Lapping
Maximum of 3 students per instructor ratio.
Advanced trail braking technique track session lesson
Baseline lapping and Data Card initialization
Lead follow SD card data collection
Open lapping with instructor observation
Classroom data analysis with instructor input
Continued lapping and data analysis with driver objectives set
The exhilarating Performance Data Recorder (PDR) Advanced Lapping course combines state of the art motorsport data acquisition with expert driver instruction. The Camaro 1LE track package cars come equipped with the latest performance data recorder monitoring all driving dynamics during a track session. Our team of highly skilled coaches are able to dissect the data using the Cosworth Race Engineering tool box. The detailed analysis will reveal which sections of the track students are doing well, and which sections need improvement. This course is tailor made to develop driver precision, to become smoother, and to go quicker.
Drivers will develop their trail braking technique, optimizing brake pressure in order to maximize corner entry. Apex speed, position, and steering angle, all contribute to higher exit speeds and lower lap times. If you have already completed the 2.5 day Camaro Driving Academy then the PDR Advanced Lapping is the next step to take you to the next level.
V8 SS 1LE: $2,495.00 +GST | ZL1 1LE: $2,895 +GST
Camaro Academy Sponsors
Discover the South Okanagan “good life” at the Okanagan resort that defines easy living, Watermark Beach Resort, Academy 27’s Official Accommodation Partner.
Where attention to detail and personal service is as unmatched and unique as the experience and amenities.
Experience the Watermark difference,
MEET THE ACADEMY EXPERTS
- Winner of the legendary Sebring 12 Hours of Endurance race
- Porsche factory driver at the 1987 LeMans 24hr and Daytona
- Canadian GT-1 Champion
- Rothmans Porsche 944 Champion
- The only Canadian to have his name on a Porsche factory race car displayed in the new Porsche Museum in Germany.
- 5 time winner of the IndyCar Series, 24 podium finishes
- Winner of the 1996 Player's Toyota Atlantic Championship
- Most consecutive wins (8), most wins in a season (9), also most consecutive wins from pole (8), most laps led in a season and most accumulated points in a season (239pts)
- NASCAR, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, driving the No. 32 Ford Fusion for Go FAS Racing.
- Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY
- International GT3 Racing
- Porsche Cup Canada
- Hankook/ATLAS BX Test Driver
- 2017 Race of Champions race winner
- 2017 IMSA LMP3 podium finisher
- Formula car and prototype experience: Road to Indy, LMP3
- 10+ years racing experience
- 2019: IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship Podium Finisher
- 2018: Pirelli World Challenge Champion
- Two time Porsche GT3 Cup Canada Champion
- USF2000 Champion
- Pro Mazda Championship 2nd Place
- Indy Lights Podium Finisher
- Extensive relationship with Porsche Motorsport
- Driver for OpenRoad AutoGroup & OpenRoad Racing
- Podium finisher IMSA Weathertech Prototype Championship
- Race winner of Continental Sports Car Championship
- Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge 2014 Rookie of the Year
- Top 5 Finisher of the Daytona 24 Hour Race
- 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Endurance Championship in LMP2
- Finished 2nd 2019 Daytona 24 Hours in LMP2
- Finished 3rd in 2019 IMSA Lamborghini Super Trofeo
- 2018 IMSA Masters Champion in LMP3
- Finished 2nd and 3rd in 2016 and 2017 in IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge
- Currently competing in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech Series in an LMP2 and the IMSA Prototype Challenge in a Ligier LMP3
- Currently competing in the 2018 IMSA Prototype Challenge in a Ligier LMP3
- Broke track record for the series at Laguna Seca in first career road race
- 1 win and 2 podiums in 5 starts of Skip Barber Challenge
- 3 wins, 5 podiums, 2 track records in a limited conference season in a Porsche 911
Camaro Academy Sponsors
Area 27 Motorsports Park
127 Area 27 Drive, Oliver BC V0H 1T0
113-437 Martin St, Suite 312, Penticton, BC, V2A 5L1
2017 © South Okanagan Motorsports Corp. All Rights Reserved