Program Dates: April 1 – 3, April 3 – 5, April 29 – May 1, May 1 – 3, May 29 – 31, June 26 – 28, July 1 – 3, July 3 – 5, July 26 – 28, August 12 – 14, August 14 – 16, August 28 – 30, September 21 – 23, October 14 – 16, October 16 – 18, October 18 – 20
The Camaro Driving Academy is setting a new standard in high-performance driver education, previously known as the Academy 27’s 2.5-Day Academy. Camaro Driving Academy’s curriculum is designed to give you the right tools to master every corner. Motorsports enthusiasts of all experience levels have an opportunity to drive on Canada’s most exclusive circuit.
Drivers will first spend time in the classroom with Kees Nierop, Chief Instructor, and his accomplished driving instructors take you through a theory session covering track terminology and safety, braking technique, and proper driving.
Day 1 on track, drivers will be ready to take in the circuit applying several performance techniques including weight transfer, corner set-up, entry, and exit phases, all while building up to short course open lapping. On Day 2, drivers will take advantage of the full circuit starting with a morning track walk, followed by instructor led lapping with one-on-one feedback from each instructor. Drivers will then have the ability to experience full circuit open lapping with comprehensive group and individual performance evaluations.
Drivers learn the essential skills to master any track, theory combined with practice of fundamentals, on the most technically demanding circuit. Upon successful completion of the 2.5-Day Camaro Driving Academy, drivers will be recognized with a certificate of graduation.
- Up to 16 students with Area 27 and GM Canada provided Camaro 1LE track cars
- Academy instructors provide FIA certified curriculum
- 2-hour in class theory session with comprehensive course handbook
- Review of Camaro 1LE performance features
- Challenging corner set-up, entry, and exit phases
- Track safety and flag definitions
- Controlled short-course lapping lead follow and open lapping
- Controlled full circuit lapping with one-on-one instructor’s critique and feedback
- Graduation certificate of completion
* Drivers must be confident driving a manual transmission vehicle
** Drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age (some exceptions apply)
*** A $2,000 CAD damage deposit is required on each Camaro rental
**** This schedule is a rough guideline for the program and may not be exactly as stated
***** Includes 2-days on track, vehicle, fuel, daily lunch & dinner after Day
COURSE RATES | $3,395 +GST – $4,195. +GST